Final Report Now Available
Meeting of the Minds 2013 Preliminary Report
Meeting of the Minds 2013 met over 3 unseasonably warm days at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto, Ontario. 375 registered delegates attended the event, including 87 speakers. 17 countries were represented. The Meeting included over 18 hours of high-quality, curated content (tours, talks and workshops) and over 13 hours of networking.
Preliminary statistics from Meeting of the Minds 2013 are available below. A final report will be available shortly.
Slides, when available, can be downloaded from the pages below.
- How Cities Can Reinvent Themselves – MarySue Barrett
- 3-D Printing and Fabrication Labs – Revitalization Strategies for Sustainable Cities – Rogier van der Heide
- Simulating the Impact of Energy Efficiency Initiatives – Agent-based Simulation (ABS) – Paolo Gaurdiano
- The Way Forward – Kathleen Wynne
- Ontario’s Innovation Landscape Through the Lens of Tech, Policy, Social and Higher Education Innovation
- Autonomous Driving in the Urban Environment – Jim Pisz
- Bridging the Gap between Industry and Cities – Charbel Aoun
- A Green-Growth Perspective from the USA – New Economic Models for Global Regions – Jared Blumenfeld
- What Can Cities Learn? – Lessons from 30+ Mega Urban Transport Infrastructure Projects Part I
- What Can Cities Learn? – Lessons from 30+ Mega Urban Transport Infrastructure Projects Part II
- China’s Urban Sustainability Strategies: Opportunities and Challenges – Joyce Yanyun Man
- Dumb Phones, Smart Kids: The Coming Revolution of Citizen Engagement – Tim Campbell
- Big Data for Innovative Transportation and Growth Planning – Minister Glen Murray
- Integrating Entrepreneurship and Innovation into a University – Changing Post-Secondary Education Around the World – Sheldon Levy
- The Internet of Everything – Connecting the Unconnected– Wim Elfrink
- Transforming the Landscape of e-Mobility – Andre Thibault
- Potential Uses of ICTs for a Greener Canada – David Miller
- Three Next Gen Leaders – Inventing the Urban Digital Future
- Smarter Cities Challenge: A Conversation with City Leaders
- Detroit’s Road to Revitalization: How Can One City Move Faster and Smarter?
- Spurring the New Mobility Enterprise Space
International Media Coverage
- The Globe and Mail: Looking at transit success and failure
- CBC Radio: Autonomous cars and the future of cities. Always-on video communication. Ambient sound in the workplace.
- Huffington Post: Smartphones? Pshhh. Get Ready For Smart Buildings
- CBC (Broadcast and Online): Lang and O’Leary Exchange, September 9, 2013
- Jon Arnold’s Analyst 2.0 Blog: Meeting of the Minds, Toronto – Takeaways, Images and Pix
- IT World Canada: Cisco architecture to help cities build Wi-Fi
- expertIP Blog: Sensors and the city: Where the Internet of Everything should live
- The Sustainability Platform: Meeting of the Minds puts Toronto and sustainability in the spotlight
- WRLWND: Spotted at Meeting of the Minds: CareConnectHere
- WRLWND: The innovation landscape in Ontario
- WRLWND: Cisco’s citywide wi-fi solution looks to encorporate key stakeholders
- WRLWND: Q&A: Charbel Aoun, Senior Vice President, Smart Cities, Schneider Electric
- WRLWND: Social norms will hold back autonomous vehicle adoption
- CNS magazine: Cisco releases ‘city-wide’ Wi-Fi offering
- Dr. Rick Huijbregts: #CiscoSmartTO continues…at Meeting of the Minds
- InsightaaS.com: Meeting of the Minds 2013 recaps government play in Smart Cities agenda
- Citiwire.net: Will Cities Be Smart Enough to Master the Wired World?
- Citiwire.net: Marveling at Toronto + Piloting the Future
- Citiwire.net: Should Cities Fear or Welcome an Era of Driverless Cars?
- The Atlantic Cities: Are Mega-Projects Really As Bad As Everyone Says?
- International Leaders Summit Coming to Detroit
- Plan Charlotte: How smart is your city, really?
- Government Technology: Will San Carlos, Calif., Expand Sensor Technology Use?
- Anthony Flint, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy: For Detroit, Humility and Hope
- Metropolitan Planning Council: MPC in Toronto: Meeting of the Minds 2013
- ICIC.org: Detroit’s Road to Revitalization
- Network World España: Cisco lanza una solución Wi-Fi integrada para entornos urbanos
- Total tweets using hashtag: 1,900
- Total Timeline Deliveries: 4,100,904
- Total reach: 716,749
- Total @MeetoftheMinds followers: 2,433
- Increase since MotM2012: 405%
- Mentions: 810 (July-Sept, 2013)
The #motm2013 webcast was viewed by over 1,300+ viewers in 75 countries worldwide. This is a 98% increase over the number of webcast viewers in 2012, effectively doubling our webcast reach.
October 2012 to September 2013
Monthly visits, October 2012 to September 2013
- Total unique visitors: 53,537
- Total visits: 79,409
- Total pageviews: 163,081
- New Visitors: 53,505
- Returning Visitors: 25,911
- Returning Visits: 32.65%
- Countries represented: 164
- Cities represented: 5,271
- Mobile users: 17%
Most popular blog posts:
- How Will Driverless Cars Affect Our Cities (By Issi Romem, 8,862 views)
- 12 Innovative Urban Transportation Apps (By Antoine Belaieff, 1,639 views)
- Greenhouses Grow Possibilities for Urban Building Owners, (By Mohamed Hage, 1,239 views)
- Restoring Cities as Engines of Opportunity (By Ben Hecht & Abhi Nemani, 811 views)
Website visits by city, October 2012 to September 2013
Growth of annual website traffic, 2011-2013
No blog posts were found for the category selected.