Detroit’s Road to Revitalization: How Can One City Move Faster and Smarter?
Detroit is at a tipping point and in the midst of a revival and renaissance. Once a boom-town, it has had to redefine and re-imagine its identity, business models and even some of its values. The city offers a creative platform for discussion. How do cities redefine themselves? How do they create new industry clusters? How do they retrain their workforce and attract talent? How do they revitalize their downtowns and suburbs? What new technologies, policies and financing mechanisms are now available that can be scaled to provide a higher quality of life? This panel will discuss the latest initiatives and leaders and their strategies that are making one of the greatest American cities great again.
- Moderator: Gregory K. Ingram, President & CEO, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- Don Chen, Senior Program Officer, Ford Foundation
- Jean Redfield, President & CEO, NextEnergy
- Benjamin Kennedy, Senior Program Officer, Community Development, Kresge Foundation
- Arthur Burris, Director, Public Sector Innovation, Living Cities